How to Do Hanging Indent on Word
What is a hanging indent..??
When your first line in the paragraph begin from the left margin and the following lines start indented, or spaced, to the second margin, a Hanging Indent is created. It is keeps the information aligned and makes it more easy to read. Hanging Indent are also used for bulleted and numbered lists. So, let’s have a look at how to create a Hanging Indent on Microsoft Word.
How to create a Hanging Indent in Microsoft Word for PC
- Open the document and choose the paragraph or text which you want to indent.
- Navigate to the Home tab, go to Paragraph and choose the dialog launcher
- Press on the Indents and Spacing tab at the Paragraph dialog box.
- Go to the Indentation section and select Hanging from the Special drop-down list.
- In the By section you may extend or shrink the indent spacing, by default it’s 0.5
- Now, You’ll see the Preview section in the bottom of the dialog box, it shows you how the text will look.
- Press on OK. And now you have successfully added a Hanging Indent in your text.
Hanging Indents Using Paragraph Options:
- Choose the text you wish formatted with a Hanging Indent.
- Below the Home tab, find the Paragraph options.
- Press on the small arrow icon in the lower right corner for more options.
- Under the Indents and Spacing tab, choose Hanging. And press OK.
How to make a hanging indent in Word?
Make a Hanging Indent
- Choose the text where you wish to add a Hanging Indent.
- Navigate to Home Paragraph dialog launcher. Indents and Spacing.
- Under Special, choose Hanging. You may fix the depth of the indent using the By field.
- Press on OK.
From these simple methods, you can Do Hanging Indent in Word very easily.