How to Wrap Text in Excel
Microsoft Excel may wrap text, So it appears in many lines on a cell. You can format the cell so the text wraps automatically, or you can enter a manual line break.
- select the cells in a work sheet which you want to format.
- In the Home tab, in the Alignment group, press on Wrap Text . Notes: Data in the cell wraps to fit the column width, so if you change the column area, and data wrapping adjusts automatically.
HOW TO WRAP TEXT AUTOMATICALLY:
- In a worksheet, choose the cells which you want to format.
- At the Home tab, in the Alignment group, press on Wrap Text Button image.
If all the text that you wrapper is not visible, it can be because the row is set to a particular height or that the text is in a range of cells that has been merged.)
how to Adjust the row height to make all wrapped text visible:
Choose the cell or range for that you want to adjust the row height. In the Home tab, at the Cells group, press on Format.
For begin a new line of text on any particular pint in a cell:
- First, Double-click the cell in that you want to enter a line break. You can also choose the cell, and then click F2)
- In the cell, press the location where you want to break the line, and then click Alt+ Enter.
Wrap text in Excel if you want to create long text in multiple lines in a single cell. You can enter a manual line break.
Wrap Text Automatically:
- For instance, take a look on the long text string in cell A1 below. Cell B1 is blank. On the 2.Home tab, at the Alignment group, press on Wrap Text.
- Press at the right border of the column A header and drag the separator to enhance the column width.
- Double press at the bottom border of the row 1 header to automatically adjust the row height.
- Now, Enter an extra-long text string in cell B1 and wrap the text in this cell.
- In the Home tab, at the Alignment group, press on Top Align.
Manual Line Break
For insert a manual line break, complete the following steps:
- For instance, double press cell A1.
- Put your cursor on the location where you want the line to break.
- Click Alt + Enter.
For remove a manual line break, double press a cell, put your cursor on the starting of the line and click Backspace.